Thursday, August 30, 2007

A word about harry potter...

Now, I have not read any of the Potter books. I have only seen portions of the movies. I don't have any clue about many of the specific references made in this article about parts of the book. In fact some of the points make no sense at all because they reference objects that I have not read about. However, I DO understand the basic point of this article and I find it entirely interesting that a self proclaimed atheist knows more about how grace works than most Christians.

Again, I am not a "Calvinist" and I do not personally subscribe to the faith that we don't have a choice, but I think that the author of this article would have no problem understanding the stance on grace that I take.

I enjoy it when someone of a diametrically opposed viewpoint to mine is capable of laying out an intelligent point. I am even more impressed when they can grasp the concepts of my beliefs.

Now a word to those who like Harry Potter... This article is pretty critical of the books and Rowling's writing in general.

No comments: