Thursday, August 30, 2007

Head west!

Out of nowhere tonight, I get a phone call from a number that I don't recognize and lo and behold, it is Vanessa West calling me! Jack West was probably the best friend I have ever had as a Christian. Not only was he an amazing friend, he was an amazingly spiritual person.

Well, long story short, Jack fell away from God and ended up going back to the life he had left behind, which to be honest, makes most of us look like friggin saints. At any rate, I have not seen Jack in quite some time. The last time I saw him was at church after he had come back to God. Quite recently so.

I still remember the first time I saw him, sitting there in the chair at Tuck's place (well, it was actually Pastor Rob's place, but Tuck was staying there. Jack had been there for a day or two, he had literally just come in off the streets. He had lost a lot of weight and was basically skin and bones. He had been experiencing a very hard life out there.

The day that I heard Jack was back I cried... He really is one of the most important people in my life as far as my walk with God goes. He mentored me in so much and I consider not many above him in his understanding of Gods word. Even now, when I think about him falling and coming back to God, tears well up in me.

Well, Vanessa is his daughter and she was trying to get a hold of some of her dad's CDs that he recorded while giving messages. He was an Itinerate Evangelist, I was his sound guy. He had recorded several of his messages on CD and I had some hanging around in my basement. So I grab them and head over to her place and we chatted for a bit. Then as we are talking about her dad she asked me if I wanted his address. See jack is serving time for some of the things he had done while he was away, and now he is taking his responsibilities.

Then as she gave me the sheet of paper with his address on it she said to me that it would really mean a lot to him if I wrote him.

I am so glad that I have this opportunity. Jack means a lot to me, and I miss him tremendously!

1 comment:

lilsisjewl said...

Jess help I can't get to the message you left me on mon What do I do email me juliafelt@yahoo.com