Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hello from Oklahoma City.

So, I got in my car tonight, planning on driving. Driving and listening to music really loudly.

It is now 4:15 and I am sitting outside of an IHOP...

in Oklahoma City.

I'm not sure why I came all the way here. I don't even know what I am going to do besides just drive back to Wichita. I have listened to around 60 songs so far though, so I am accomplished my goal I suppose.

Interestingly enough, a man just walked up to my car and asked me to help him get some food and a shower. He seemed nice enough. Said that he has a job Monday painting in the courthouse.

I gave him the last of my cash and change out of my ashtray. Save the $2 I will need to pay the toll on the way home.

I hope that that little bit of money can help him, I hope that he does find a place to stay where he doesn't get robbed. Maybe I just bought him a pack of smokes, I don't know, but I am not really worried about it.

Maybe I drove down here to meet that man. I would like to think that my steps have at least some type of order to them. Who knows, maybe I just tossed a few bucks away for no real reason. I suppose I will probably never know.


There are no stars out tonight.




I wanted to let you know that I just want a chance to be there. I don't expect anything special, I just want a chance.

No comments: