Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wichita, land of supercars....?

So apparently there is some pretty decent money floating around here in Wichita because I have been seeing more and more high dollar cars.

Now, of course there are the mercs and beemers, those aren't so special until you start noticing the specific badges they have on them. badges like M and AMG... I saw an SL65AMG at target about a year ago and it blew me away. Mostly because it was on the west side, I would expect to see them around the east side, but west side is a bit more practicaly minded, at least thats how it was.

Well, there is someone here who drives an SLR. An SLR, in Wichita, I don't know the price of those in American money, but I know they are around 600,000 British pounds, just figuring exchange rates that puts them around 3/4 of a million dollars. Now I am, sure that there are differences and it isn't a straight across conversion, but we are definitely talking about a car that single handedly costs more than probably 99% of the homes in Wichita.

Actually, the night we got T-Boned at 13th and Rock, I looked over and in the turn lane on 13th, turning south, sat that Mercedes McLaren SLR. Jeremy Clarkson was so right when he described the sound that engine makes.

Today I had to go to the bank to sort out an issue with my pin number and on the way back, lo AND behold, I see someone driving a Ford GT. That's a 150,000 car that makes 500 horses, not to mention insanely fuel thirsty. So I have decided that there is just too much money floating around this town and everyone who feels like spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on a car needs to send me some cash so that I can buy a house, because that would be fun.

No comments: