Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So, I'm a horrible rep...

I have decided to leave the ear buds that came with my iPod at work. I, apparently, have oddly enough shaped ears that I can't really use ear buds. They never stay in my ears. As a result of this I purchased some "marshmallow" style in ear headphones. The kind that have a rubber surround and actually insert into the ear canal and seal against it, much like earplugs.

I enjoy these because they have much better bass response than I am used to. Of course I have to use two different sized cushions because my left ear is slightly smaller than my right.... I am okay with my defects.

Well, since the "marshmallow" style seals against the ear canal it really locks out external sound. Because of this I have to remove one when I am listening to music while conversing with people (yes, I am one of THOSE people). I also can't keep them on while I am on a call because my voice echoes in my head and I can barely hear the caller.

So what do I do? I use my standard ear buds under my headset while on calls. I can listen to my music and I can hear the customer just fine.

SO yeah, I listen to music while I am answering our customers calls.... I am a horrible rep.

No comments: