Friday, August 10, 2007

Ever have one of "those" experiences?

You know what I am talking about? One of those experiences that marks a dramatic turning point in your life. The kind of experience that you don't even realize is a dramatic turning point until afterwards. You look back, wondering, "when did all of this happen?", and you follow the trail back to that point, that experience and just know, "It all started here..."

I think I had one Tuesday evening. I can't really say for sure because it hasn't been nearly long enough to tell, but suffice it to say, i am already feeling the change occur. At first it drove me crazy, what I began feeling, I wasn't sure what to do with it. I lost a bit of control.

Now things have started to cool down a bit and I am returning to normal after talking about it with a friend, well I've talked about ti will quite a few friends, but it was one friend in particular that I talked to that things started making sense again. At any rate, I find myself standing at the precipice, looking into the chasm, about to take the first step, hoping that there is a bridge there that I can't see, and I find that exciting.

No longer am I warring internally, not quite anyways. There is still a lot of turmoil, it's not like things just got better all of a sudden, it's more like suddenly the curtain was opened and shone in on the situation and I can now see my way through the labyrinth. I am still lost, but I can see the path in front of me, instead of having to follow the wall blindly hoping that I can make it out alive.

I am excited for the future, I can't wait to see what is in store. I really do feel level right now.


Now if only everything in my life could be this simple, or at least straightforward... no, it's not that, it's that I have hope... I have high hopes for the future, hopefully the future feels the same way.